Schuré was a mystic, a philosopher and a member of the anthroposophical society. His writing linked religions together historically - not in a comparative Joseph Campbell-esque way, but rather in a way to show how each religion developed out of another, and how each is a new revelation.
Therefore, when he write the total religious history, he refers to the whole of all religious accomplishments, brought into relationship with each other through the changing landscape of consciousness.
THE WOMAN POPE MANIFESTO TITLED: WHEN I AM POPE THIS WILL HAPPEN BY LINDA MARY MONTANO, 2013
1. ALL OF MY SISTER WOMENPRIESTS & NUNS WILL RECEIVE PAY, BENEFITS, VACATIONS AND TITLES EQUAL TO ALL MALE CLERGY.
2. CHOSEN AND WISE WOMEN PRIESTS AND MALE CLERGY ALONG WITH LAY THEOLOGIANS AND WISE ELDERS WILL HELP WRITE ECCLESIATICAL ENCYCLICALS.
3. THE “DEPOSIT OF FAITH”, CANON LAWS AND SUPPOSEDLY INFALLIBLE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WILL BE ADJUSTED AND REWRITTEN ACCORDING TO THE TIME, PLACE AND NEEDS OF CURRENT SITUATIONS AND WILL NOT BE RIGIDLY BELIEVED TO BE INFALLIBILE OR UNCHANGEABLE.
4. CONTRACEPTION WILL BE A CHOSEN OPTION AND NOT BE JUDGED TO BE A MORTAL SIN.
5. PRE-MARITAL SEX WILL BE ALLOWED AS NATURAL AND NOT BE JUDGED TO BE A MORTAL SIN.
6. MARRIED SEX WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE PRACTICED BOTH FOR PLEASURE AND FOR PROCREATION. SEX FOR PLEASURE WILL BE DEEMED NATURAL.
7. GAY RIGHTS/MARRIAGE WILL BE JUDGED TO BE NATURAL AND ALLOWED.
8. EQUAL VOTING POWER WILL BE GIVEN TO WOMEN FOR ALL ASPECTS OF CHURCH FUNCTIONING.
9. THERE WILL BE MARRIED CLERGY. THAT IS: WOMEN CLERGY WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE MARRIED WITH OTHER WOMEN OR MEN. AND MEN CLERGY WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE MARRIED TO OTHER WOMEN OR MEN.
10. CELIBATE CLERGY WILL BE OPTIONAL IF CELIBACY IS CHOSEN BY THE INDIVIDUAL. THIS CAN CHANGE AS THE NEEDS OF THE FEMALE AND MALE PRIESTS CHANGE.
11. MEDITATION MUST BE PRACTICED BY ALL CATHOLICS. CATHOLICS FROM ASIA WILL TEACH THEIR MEDITATION METHODS IN EVERY PARISH.
12. MEDITATION WILL BE EXPECTED OF ALL CLERGY AS WELL AS A BODY PRACTICE SUCH AS YOGA, JUDO, DANCING, RUNNING ETC. AND MY CLERGY WILL ALSO HAVE A PRIVATE ART PRACTICE SUCH AS SINGING, WRITING, ACTING ETC.
13. CLERGY CAN RETIRE WHEN NEEDED.
14. SEXUAL INFORMATION AND THE ART OF AUTHENTIC, TRANSPARENT NATURALNESS WILL BE DISCUSSED IN SEMINARY COURSES. SEX THERAPISTS WILL EXPLAIN THE PHYSIOLOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY OF SEX WHILE THE SEMINARIANS ARE IN TRAINING TO BE PRIESTS. THIS TRAINING WILL BE RENEWED EVERY 7 YEARS.
15. THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE WILL BE PRESCRIBED MONTHYLY FOR EACH PRIEST.
16. THE POPE, BISHOPS , ARCHBISHOPS, CARDINALS, MONSIGNORS AND PRIESTS WILL MEET WITH ALL SEXUAL ABUSE SURVIVORS EVERY YEAR FOR A 7 DAY HEALING CEREMONY. AT THESE MEETINGS, EACH SURVIVOR TELLS THE STORY OF THEIR ABUSE, YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR. FINANCIAL PAYMENT WILL BE GIVEN FOR THERAPY FOR ALL SURVIVORS.
17. PARISH FINANCES WILL BE OVERSEEN BY A COMMITTEE OF 20 PARISHONERS ON A WEEKLY BASIS.
18. MASTURBATION WILL BE ALLOWED AND NOT JUDGED TO BE A MORTAL SIN BUT A HEALING THERAPY.
19. PARISH MONEY WILL BE GIVEN TO THE RIGHT CAUSES IN THE RIGHT AMOUNTS, TRANSPARENTLY.
20. WOMEN AND MALE SEMINARIANS WILL SPEND ONE WEEK OBSERVING CHILDBIRTH AT A BIRTHING CENTER, ONE WEEK OBSERVING EMBALMING IN A MORGUE, ONE WEEK WORKING AT A MCDONALDS AND ONE WEEK OBSERVING A COUNSELING SESSION OF A CLERGY ABUSE SURVIVOR WHO IS SUFFERING FROM PTSD.
21. IN EVERY PARISH OR COMMUNITY THERE WILL BE HOMES OF HOSPITALITY FOR UNWANTED NEWBORNS AND ELDERS. THESE TWO POPULATIONS WILL LIVE INTERDEPENDENTLY.
22. CHARISMATICS FROM INDIA, THE PHILIPINES AND BRAZIL WILL BE HOUSED IN EVERY PARISH COMMUNITY AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR TEACHING AND HEALINGS ON A DAILY BASIS.
23. THE DIVINE FEMININE, FEMALE MYSTICS AND FEMALE DOCTORS OF THE CHURCH WILL BE TAUGHT IN EVERY PARISH COMMUNITY.
24. EVERY PARISH COMMUNITY WILL CREATE SUSTAINABLE ORGANIC VEGETABLE AND ANIMAL FARMS FOR MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY SO THAT THEY CAN HAVE PROXIMITY TO NATURE AND HEALING.
25. FEMALE AND MALE CLERGY WILL FOCUS ON THE MYSTICAL NOT THE MONETARY BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE ASSIANTANTS WHO WILL GUARANTEE ACCOUNTABILTY IN THE PARISHES WITH OVERSEERERS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE CHURCH . THAT IS, ALL COMMITTEE AND CHURCH MEETINGS WILL HAVE REPRESENTATIVES FROM THE YOUNGEST TO ELDERS WITH EACH HAVING EQUAL TIME TO GIVE INPUT AND CORRECTION.
26. ALL FEMALE AND MALE CLERGY WHO WILL HAVE PUBLIC POSITIONS WILL BE VERSED IN SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY SKILLS SO THEY CAN FEEL A FREEDOM OF INTERCHANGE AND A HUMILITY IN INTERACTIONS AND NOT BE FEARED. TO BE A FUNCTIONING CLERGY IN MY PARISHES, ALL CLERGY WILL HAVE APPROPRIATE PSYCHOLOGICAL THERAPY.
27. CLERGY WILL BE BE EVALUATED ON INNER WARMTH AND OUTER COMPASSION AND IF THEY ARENT MANIFESTING POSITIVE HEALING INNER JOY, THEY WILL BE ASKED TO RETIRE OR GO ON RETREAT FOR 3 YEARS.
28. THE LAITY WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE TO GO TO CONFESSION WITH EACH OTHER IF THEY WISH OR CAN CHOOSE TO CONFESS WITH CLERGY. THE CHOICE IS GIVEN TO THE LAITY, NOT THE CHURCH.
29. IF THE CHURCH IS IN A COUNTRY OR A COMPROMISED SITUATION WHERE THERE IS NOT A FUNCTIONING CLERGY, CATHOLIC LAITY WILL BE ABLE TO ADMINISTER THE SACRAMENTS OF CONFESSION, BAPTISM AND THE SACRAMENT OF THE SICK.
30. TRANSUBSTANTIATION WILL BE THE FOCUS OF EVERY MASS AND 7 MINUTES WILL BE MANDATORY FOR THE TIME WHEN THE BREAD AND WINE ARE “RAISED UP” DURING MASS SO THAT THIS MIRACLE CAN BE FELT AND EXPERIENCED AND MEDITATED ON BY ALL PRESENT, ESPECIALLY THE OFFICIANT.
31. MY CLERGY WILL MEET WITH POLITICAL LEADERS ONLY IF THERE ARE NON VIOLENT COMMUNICATION FACILITATORS, THERAPISTS AND ACCUPUNCURISTS ATTENDING AND PARTICIPATING BY KEEPING EVERYONE EMOTIONALLY CENTERED AND RATIONAL AND KIND CONCERNING DECISIONS ABOUT JUSTICE, LIBERATION THEOLOGY AND THE POOR.
32. END OF LIFE ISSUES WILL BE A CASE BY CASE, ETHICAL AND HUMANE FAMILY AND MEDICAL AND INDIVIDUAL CHOICE NOT A FEARED CLERICAL RULE OR REGUALTION AS TO THE RIGHT WAY TO DIE.
33. MASS WILL BE A CELEBRATION OF LIFE WITH OPTIONS TO ATTEND THE CHURCH OF YOUR AESTHETIC CHOICE: THAT IS PARISHONERS MAY CELEBRATE IN STRICTLY NON-EXPRESSIVE, LATINITE RITUALIZED WAYS OR IN AN EXPRESSIVE AND THEOLOGICALLY ECSTATIC CHARISMATIC MANNER.
34. TEACHERS OF EASTERN THEOLOGIES IINCLUDING HINDU, ZEN BUDDHIST, JAIN AND TIBETAN WILL BE INCLUDED IN ALL TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR CATHOLIC CLERGY.
35. EACH CLERGY MEMBER WILL HAVE TO SPEND 3 YEARS IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY GIVING MEDICAL AND ECOLOGICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE PEOPLE OF THAT COUNTRY BEFORE SERVING IN A NON-THIRD WORLD PARISH. WHILE THERE, THEY WILL KEEP THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS PRIVATE AND THEIR WORSHIP PERSONAL.
36. WOMEN POPES WILL HOLD UP THEIR BIRTH CHILDREN TO CO-BLESS THEIR PARISHONERS FROM THE BALCONY OF ST PETERS.
37. ST MARY MAGDALEN, BRING WISDOM AND COMPASSION TO THE HEARTS, MINDS AND SPIRITS OF ALL FEMALE AND MALE CATHOLIC CLERGY. AMEN
I’ve been doing music for a weekly dance practice organized by Justin Morrison. It’s different for me because it’s all improvisational, and more often than not, I’m not playing chromatic instruments. What I do is record my voice and the sound of the room and layer and manipulate everything on my laptop in real time. For me it’s been an invaluable exercise in being inventive on the fly. Radically different things happen every week. It’s interesting. Here’s a couple excerpts that Justin put together…
A sequence of four photographs made in 1986 “The Dream of Flowers” shows the head of a young man, eyes closed, resting on a glass table that mirrors his head. Each following picture shows the head progressively covered with more and more flowers. There is an initial under each photograph. Together, they spell “AIDS”. Because Michals believes that the photograph can’t really give the whole picture, he uses captions to get closer to what he is trying to say. [via]
you don’t know what love is until you’ve learned the meaning of the blues until you’ve loved a love you had to lose you don’t know what love is
you don’t know how lips hurt until you’ve kissed and had to pay the cost until you’ve flipped you’re heart and you have lost you don’t know what love is
do you know how a lost heart fears the thought of reminiscing and how lips that taste of tears lose their taste for kissing
you don’t know how hearts burn for love that cannot live yet never dies until you’ve faced each dawn with sleepless eyes you don’t know what love is
how could you know what love is
I just re-remembered that today is my mother’s death-iversary. There’s actually three anniversaries that come up throughout the year. Today, her birthday, and the day I found out she died. They all give me pause. I feel like I hold the details of her life as some kind of secret. No-one knew her as well as I did. I’m not sure if there was anyone else besides me who suffered when she died. I spent so much time protecting myself from her and hating her, I’m not sure I can represent her fairly.
Here’s a memory: She wanted to be a singer. She went to one audition once, and she came home from that crying saying the guy left her sitting in the bar cause she was fat. Her self-image was so shit that she couldn’t persevere, and that was the entire extent I knew of her attempting to sing in public. She would, however, make me a captive audience to her singing. I didn’t care. I liked shows, and I wanted to be a singer, too (something I forgot for the entirety of my adulthood up til the last few years). I have a vivid memory of her placing me at the front of our living room to be the ‘audience’ and her leaving and coming back in to make a grand entrance singing ‘The Man I Love’… slower and more melancholy than the recorded versions, but with a big grin on her face. I think she wanted to stand in the spotlight like Billie Holiday with orchids in her hair and be adored; adored like she never had been in her own life, except by me, her little son who eventually turned on her in a logical act of self preservation… For me and her, music was our whole life… the promise of love itself.
Linda MikaOctober 4, 1950 - February 12, 2010
There’s this idea people have, that there’s “comedy” and then there’s “tragedy”. But we know just from the amount of suicides of stand up comics, that really it’s the same thing. You know that old idea of “Laugh, clown, laugh!”, of keeping up a kind of pinche macho bravado on the outside, is pretty much the same as crying. The melancholy is the same as that of the person who is so depressed she or he wants to blow his head off, and says, you know what I better go out to a bar or a cafe and make some jokes with some people I meet. How many people do that? A lot. And so then the jokes are really lurid, crass, and insulting. And the person appears at that moment to be an extrovert, but they are not. Because as soon as he or she goes back into the house it’s the opposite. So, I think we should say that the melancholy is indeed present… that’s very accurate… but in order to sing, you have to force yourself out of it. In order to make a sound - at all - you have to force yourself out of it for that very moment that you decide to sing anything. And you have to tell the story, you have to do then what Luisa Tetrazzini said, to allow the process of singing to take you from depression, from extreme sadness to a kind of joy. And at that moment you end that terminal individuality, and you embrace humanity and the suffering that every person has.